Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, August 12, 2011

6 month update

Wow, it has been quite a while since my last post. No real surprise to me though, life has been busy. I will do my best to hit the biggest highlights from the past 2 months.

1. The girls are 6 months old and growing like weeds. Brit is tipping the scales at 12pounds and Jillian is well over 10 pounds now.

2. Jillian's pulmonary stenosis (narrowing of a valve to goes to her lungs) is stable and her cardiologistdoesnt want to see her until her 1st birthday. So long as it stays stable or improves she will live a normal and active life.

3. Jillian's hearing is just fine, she had a ton of ear wax in both ears which was preventing her from hearing the infant screening test tones.

4. Britian should be off of her oxygen next month. She did well at her last exam with the 2 hour no oxygen test but the dr. Wants her to be off for 6hours or more before making the decision to take her off. Jillian's oxygen was decreased at the same appointment to half a liter from three quaters.

5. Jillian is sleeping through the night. Yeah!

6. Smiles and lots of them. The girls have found their beautiful smiles and their voices. It is so much fun to talk and interact with them more.

7. And on a personal family note, we are expecting again. Yep, there is another blessing on the way for our family. I am due March 3rd but will have a c-section before the girls turn one year, on or around February 4th. Because I am pregnant again so soon after an emergency section I am at risk for uterine rupture so I have to deliver at 36 weeks to prevent this serious complication.

I think completes the updates for now. I will upload new pictures of the girls as soon as I get a free minute on my desktop.

2 comments:

  1. Great update. Thanks for letting us know how the "peas" are doing. Can't wait to see some updated photos. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting to hear how these girls are thriving after all the prayer poured into them in those early weeks. Congratulations on your new blessing. Praying that all goes well. :)
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete