Yesterday was my 24 week appointment. Technically I was 23w5d. After a long half hour delay the kids and I finally got called back for the u/s. My younger 2 watched a movie while the older one sat and watched his sisters on the overhead TV screen which transmits the u/s images. The twins looked great on u/s. They are both kicking one another in the face, :).
Jillian (baby A) is:
Jillian (baby A) is:
- measuring one day ahead of where I was gestationally
- is estimated to weigh 1lb5oz.
- she has gained 10oz in the past 4 weeks.
- still in a transverse position along the bottom of my belly
- measuring in the 48th percentile
Britian (baby B) is:
- measured at 24w4d which is 5 days ahead of where I was gestationally
- is estimated to weigh 1lb8oz
- she has gained 13oz in the past 4 weeks
- now in a breech position, was vertex previously
- measuring in the 60th percentile
I am measuring 3 weeks ahead, 27cm fundal height
My OB did mention that as long as Jillian presents in a head down position at the time of delivery I can try for another VBAC. She is not concerned at all about how Britian presents at the time of delivery. She is fine delivering her breech if necessary just so long as Jillian presents in a normal head down orientation. I was shocked but happy to hear this from her. So many OBs out there will either not even try for a vaginal delivery for twins or will force an emergency c/s with Baby B after A delivers vaginally if B switches to a breech position. If I went the VBAC route I didn't want to end up with a c/s just because B turned breech. However, no knowing that my OB will deliver Britian breech I am much more comfortable trying for another VBAC.
At my next appointment I get to enjoy the 1hr glucose test and all that goes with that ordeal. This next appointment will be my last one on the once a month schedule. After 28 weeks I will have two 3 week spaced visits which takes me to 34 weeks. After 34 weeks I will begin having weekly NSTs appointments (my kids are going to love that, NOT).
Oh and in the midst of all this. . .it looks like Garrett will be taking a new job closer to home thankfully but of course it also means another change in our health insurance. We have to have the new insurance in place by April 1st if we are going to avoid the incredibly costly price tag of delivery. Our current insurance stinks to high hell and is going to cost us more than we can afford to deliver these girls.
Also, it looks like we are going to start the house hunting process again. We've decided to stay here in Iowa versus moving home to CA. But our current house is just too small for 2 more children once they need their own bedroom space. So the hunt is on. . .so many changes for one family in a year. I am ready for it all to settle down and resemble something normal.