Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

No one told me it would be this tough

No one ever told me that being pregnant with twins would be this tough. Perhaps this is just a phase and in a week or two I will feel fine again but right now I am physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted from this pregnancy. My belly is sore. My heart burn is out of control. I can no longer lay down in my own bed let alone sleep in a semi-reclining position, otherwise I have gastric juices flowing the wrong way; up instead of down. My thighs now have their own zip code. The list goes on and on. I find it amazing how just adding one extra baby to a pregnancy can change the experience 180 degrees. Take everything you know or have experienced with singleton pregnancies and multiply it by a million then add in a whole lot of other things that just don't happen with singles and you can get a slight feel for what this adventure is like. Emotionally and physically there is no comparing the two types of pregnancies. I don't want to come across like I am complaining. I am truly not. Venting is probably a better word, simply getting my thoughts and feelings out there rather than keeping them cooped up in my own head. As I sit here on the couch unable to get comfortable, exhausted yet unable to sleep, I know that where I am now is a whole lot easier than where I will be in say, oh 13 weeks or so. Despite the discomfort, having the twins in my belly is a whole lot easier than what life will be like when they are out of my oven.

Now back to the dance party in my belly and the fire in my chest.

1 comment:

  1. Vent Away! We all need an opportunity to vent at times! Even singleton pregnancies aren't always the same, look at me on the third...I need time to vent as well so I understand!

    ReplyDelete